Saturday, January 10, 2009

Fleece Blanket for Baby Girl

Our baby is coming in just a few more weeks! I can't believe it! And since it is so cold here in the winters, I decided to make her an extra warm and snuggly fleece blanket. It was such a fun project, I can hardly wait to snuggle her up in it!

First, I chose two coordinating pieces of fleece. One yard of each was plenty. I actually have enough fabric left over to make her a cute jacket or something for next spring.

Then I just measured and cut the two pieces to my desired size, plus about 4 inches for fringing the edges.


After pinning the two pieces together with wrong sides together, I machine stitched around the edges, about 4 inches in from the outer edge. I used this cute decorative stitch.

Then I cute about 3/4 inch fringes all around the outside edge. I was going to knot the fringes, but decided that I liked it better without knots...and I also didn't want anything hard or stiff on this blanket for the baby...I wanted everything to be soft.

The last thing I did was to tie in random hearts and flowers with satin ribbonand I also tied each kitty's tail just to be sure that the blanket would wash well and not separate or shift.

And here is the finished product! Like I said, I can hardly wait to snuggle her up in it!

No comments: