Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Pants for Brooklynn

I seem to go through "hobby phases" where I'll spend a lot of time doing one of my hobbies...and then get tired of it and switch to something else for a while. I'm not sure what that says about me. Anyway, right now must be a sewing phase because I've been doing a lot of that lately.

These are some jeans I made for Brooklynn. I sort of used a pattern to start out with...and then just bagged the whole pattern thing and did my own design. They look so cute on her. She's in preschool, and so I wanted her to have some fast, pull-on pants that were loose-fitting so she would be comfortable while playing at school. These have worked out so well that I'm going to make some more.


I added some fun accenting fabric to the bottom for cuffs.

And for the side pockets, I added some ribbon to coordinate with the green cuffs, and then used the embroidery function on my machine to add some flowery leaf designs around the edges.

1 comment:

Skye said...

These jeans are so super cute. You really are very talented!