Saturday, November 22, 2008

Thankful Blocks

So about a month ago my ward had a "Fantastic Friday" night where us girls got together and had a nice dinner and craft night. It was great! I had signed up to make these "Thankful" blocks.



As I was about to put the vinyl letters on my painted blocks, I noticed that the vinyl letters didn't contrast enough with the paper. Hmm...what to do. Well, I took my unfinished blocks home and later that week I matted the letters before I added them onto the blocks. Then I added more ribbon embellishments than we were given in our packets so that each block was embellished in some way or another.



They turned out pretty cute. Although, I don't know if I would really look at them and then think..."Thanksgiving!" They turned out more retro...so maybe they could be a year-round decoration if I found the right place for them!


And I had only had them out on the computer desk for one day...and little Matthew found his way to them with a marker in hand. Wouldn't you know it, he decided to mark up my favorite block, the "k". Oh well.

No comments: