Sunday, August 29, 2010

Baby Blessing Headband

For Lainah's baby blessing, I wanted to make her a little headband that matched the dress I was making her, but couldn't find one in the stores. They were all made of satins, or just too glitzy for what I wanted, so I had to make one!

I started with a little pair of white tights. The soft nylon doesn't scratch baby's head, and it automatically rolls on the edges so you don't have to worry about edging it at all, it's wonderful. Then I just found some silk flowers that were simple and small so that they wouldn't overpower my little one's cute newborn head. With silk flowers, you just pull the middle stem out of them so that you get the loose petals, and then you can rebuild them into whatever color scheme you choose. This way they also lay flat when you glue them back together and then you can attach them to whatever you want: magnets, barrettes, clips, headbands, bobby pins, etc. It's great. You simply glue them back together with a hot glue gun. Very simple.
Here is the finished headband.
While I was at it, I made a little flower clip for my bigger girls. This project took maybe 30 minutes total, it was so fast, and very fun!

No comments: