Sunday, August 29, 2010

Rachel's Baptism Jewelry

December 2009 brought Rachel's 8th birthday which meant baptism time! I wanted to make her something special to wear and to help her remember her special day, so I made her a matching necklace and bracelet set.

Because baptism symbolizes a washing and making clean and perfect, I wanted her jewelry to also reflect purity, and so I chose to use clear glass beads and pearls to reflect that.

I started with jewelry wire so that it would be strong and be able to withstand 8 year old treatment. And then I just played around with different patterns until I found the one I liked the best, and thought Rachey would like the best.
I also made a center dangle for the necklace, as well as a clasp dangle for the necklace and bracelet. It just made it a little extra fancy, and I knew that Rachel would like that. The top is the finished dangle, and at the bottom of the picture shows the materials I used to make it.

This isn't a great picture, but here are the finished products! They looked beautiful with her white baptism dress.


No comments: