Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas Framed Art Gifts

I couldn't post this until after Christmas because I didn't want to spoil the surprise for anyone! I had some fun with these.

First I took a trip down the scrapbooking isle at the local craft store and found some cute Christmas paper...found some plain black frames, and picked up some self-adhesive ribbon. (Self-adhesive ribbon is awesome.)

I started with my background color, and then added the accenting paper and ribbon to look like a Christmas package all wrapped up.





On my computer, I printed out the cute saying onto cardstock. I did two different sayings. One for the 5X7 frames, and one for the 8X10s.
This actually took the most time, just playing with all the different fonts and shades of color until I had exactly what I wanted.

Next I added the ric-rac bows and buttons...and then put them into frames!

For the 8X10 frames, I matted the cardstock saying and made it look like the tag on a gift, and used ribbon as if I was tying it onto a package.


These 8X10 sayings turned out really cute. I made them for the grandparents, and to go with them, I had my children each paint a present-shaped wooden picture frame ornament for the grandparents to hang on their tree.

No comments: