Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas Pillowcases

This year I made each of the kids a special Christmas pillowcase to go along with a little poem I wrote. It was a fun gift for them to open on Christmas Eve. They were so excited to put their new pillowcases on their pillows!

I chose a different print of fabric for each of them...just trying to match up personalities with fabric.
Taylor's...
Rachel's...
Brooklynn's... and Matthew's...

Then, with each one I added a decorative strip of ribbon...and used my machine's alphabet stitches to sew their names onto the pillowcase. I think they were most excited to see that their pillowcase had their name on it. For the girls, I was a bit more fancy and added little ribbon bows and rosettes. Here is the little poem I wrote to go along with their pillowcases. I thought it would make them more excited for Santa to come...is that possible?

I've actually made some of these in the past as Christmas gifts for some of my nieces and nephews. They are really fun to make...like I said it's fun to try and match up fabric prints with personalities.


No comments: