Friday, December 5, 2008

A Little Sewing

Rachel's birthday is coming up and so since she is getting so tall all of a sudden and all of her dresses are getting so short...I decided to make her something new! Because it's winter, I decided against her favorite colors (pastel pink and pastel purple) and do something else. I'm a little nervous that she won't like it as well as I do.

I decided to make her a jumper out of some cute corduroy with a fleece jacket to go with it. My thoughts were that it would be cute and cozy for the winter months!

I used a Simplicity pattern, #4384. I have used this pattern for skirts, the pants, the fleece poncho...and now the jumper and jacket.
I like this pattern a lot. It is pretty simple to follow, but has a lot of style.

I changed the style of the jumper skirt from what the pattern showed because I wanted it much longer than the pattern...and I didn't have enough fabric to cut the desired length in the A-line shape that the pattern suggests. I made the little flower/bow embellishment detachable so that she can wear the jumper with just a plain turtleneck and the flower/bow...or take off the flower/bow and wear the jumper with the jacket.
I love, LOVE the jacket. It is made from soft polar fleece, and it is fully-lined...making it nice and comfortable. I also changed the straight-edged sleeves to bell-sleeves. I think that Rachey will love them!

1 comment: